Products and Services

When you select to get your products and services from BIRDS, you are supporting summer independence camps and blindness/Deafblindness skills training programs for blind and Deafblind children, youth and adults across Canada. 75% of the proceeds from the sale of braille menus are being donated to the Camp Bowen Society for the Independence of the Blind and Deafblind and the Pacific Training Centre for the Blind Society. The remaining 25% of the proceeds are used to fund research and development of new products and services here at BIRDS.

DX Audio Description

The DX Audio Description by BIRDS is award-winning audio description that you can synchronize with your favourite supported TV shows and movies. Originally conceived as Solo-DX, DX features such classics as Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone and The Walking Dead.

The catalog is being brought back in a whole new format, making it easier than ever to access your favourite audio description tracks.

Contact us for more information

Braille Menus

When you are first seated at a restaurant, what is the first thing you do? Look at the menu, of course! But for people who are blind and partially sighted, restaurant menus are not usually available in a format they can read. Finding out what is on the menu often involves asking wait staff to read the menu, causing a feeling of dependence for the customer and taking up time the server could spend taking care of other aspects of the customer service experience. Providing braille menus at your establishment can lead to higher customer satisfaction, increased business, and time savings for your staff.

Read more about Braille Menus

Custom Phone Systems

Whether you need a basic phone tree to greet your customers when they call or a simpler way for less-tech-savvy users to join Zoom calls, BIRDS can produce a custom phone system for you.

Contact us for more information